Brightling Childcare Academy owns its building at 1461 Chevrier Blvd. in southwest Winnipeg, and has designed its more than 10,000 square feet of indoor space specifically for optimal health and comfort for its little clients.
Minimizing the risk of virus spread
During the pandemic, our children’s indoor time is all in their own classrooms – they don’t travel between rooms or to other parts of the Centre. They do, however, get outside every morning and afternoon with their friends from their classroom for some fresh air and romping-around time.
Our childcare space is divided into 4 large classrooms and a separate room for infants, each of which has its own:
- entrance to the outside, where parents can drop off and pick up their children without having to enter the building
- coat hooks and cubbies to keep children’s belongings separate from one another
- child-sized toilet facilities and wash-up sinks (except the infant room, which has change-table facilities and its own hand-washing station)
- a dishwasher for sanitizing utensils, dishes and toys used during the day
- large windows which allow ample daylight into the room, all day long
The Centre also contains a large gym with its own private washroom for bigger kids. During the pandemic, our gym has become a “home-schooling” space where school-aged children are able to keep up with their schoolwork – with the help of our early childhood educators.
Cleaning and disinfecting – everything, all day long
Frequent handwashing has always been a habit at Brightling for both staff and children. If anything, the rest of the world is finally catching up with our little ones on that front! Our classrooms also feature hand sanitizer dispensers for in-between washings (note: only staff use sanitizer – for the children it’s always soap and water).
Every evening, our staff thoroughly clean our classrooms, toilet facilities and sinks, furniture, toys, laundry and other items before we leave for the night.
For more specifics about our pandemic protocols at Brightling, please choose one of the options in the sidebar. If you have other questions about our practices, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.