Brightling Childcare Academy, established in 2003 as Gramma Marie’s Children’s Centre, is run by two former elementary school teachers who recognize the value of child-centred early-years education on later success.
The Brightling Approach is rooted in nurturing each child’s potential – and that means meaningful relationships with them and their families. We don’t force a child to conform to a learning style that doesn’t naturally work for them.
Rather, we observe the child’s behaviour and listen to the many ways they express what makes them “tick,” and then meet them where they are with learning tailored to speak to them.
Brightling’s facility is designed specifically for children’s proportions and safety
To nurture and guide children to creatively explore the world around them, in partnership with their parents, through encouragement, caring, inspiration, and education.
You won’t find a more expert childcare team.
Brightling is Winnipeg’s only daycare with five Circle of Security-trained caregivers
Brightling only employs the right people, with the right values, expertise, creativity and empathy to bring out the best in our children.
We’ve created an environment that allows the imagination to run free and grow. Our caregivers inspire the bright young minds around them to learn through inventive and memorable experiences, day in and day out. Our low caregiver-to-child ratio ensures the attention children deserve.
Our Executive Director, Karolina Dressler, works with colleagues in local schools to ensure Brightling’s children remain well-prepared for the educational experiences that await them.
Kids’ yoga in Brightling’s in-house gym
Our facility, quite simply, rocks.
Brightling children spend their days in and around a 10,000 square-foot centre designed to maximize learning, connections, and fun.
- Bright, spacious nursery and classrooms, tailored for age-appropriate play and learning
- Nature-inspired outdoor play space
- Indoor gym and age-appropriate exercise equipment
- Early Learning Centre to help pre-schoolers prepare for kindergarten
- Secure facility with key-card access for parents and staff
Boredom is never an issue
In addition to our full slate of daily activities aimed at developing knowledge, curiosity, creativity and social skills at every age, Brightling Childcare Academy’s regular programming includes:
- Children’s yoga classes
- Pre-K early learning classes
- Home reading program
- “Special lunches” and healthy treats
- External guest presentations (magicians, police and firefighters, musicians, artists, science educators, health-care workers)
- Enhanced summer program with a full schedule of optional field trips, water fun days, and indoor/outdoor summertime activities
- Mixed classroom composition, to build social skills and empathy
- Music in many forms, from group sing-alongs to in-Centre ukelele bands
- Art projects, science experiments, and active experiences to help kids learn about our world under the guise of fun
Two children play with toys in Brightling’s snowy back yard
Brightling activities engage all the senses – and teach healthy eating habits
Free play builds friendships, encourages activity, and burns off energy
Brightling Childcare Academy is located on Treaty 1 territory and the traditional homeland of the Metis Nation. We respectfully acknowledge the Indigenous ancestors of this land, and affirm our commitment to creating an equitable community on it.