We hand-pick the right people, with the right values, expertise, creativity and empathy to bring out the best in our children.
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, we’ve created a facility that allows the imagination to run free and grow. Our caregivers inspire the bright young minds around them to learn through inventive and memorable experiences, day in and day out. Our low caregiver-to-child ratio ensures the attention children deserve.
Our Director works with contacts in local schools to ensure Brightling’s children remain well-prepared for the educational experiences that await them.
Brightling Childcare Academy is owned and operated by two certified Manitoba teachers, Karolina and Cory Dressler. Karolina, the Academy’s Executive Director, left her elementary school classroom in 2003 to have an even more direct impact on southwest Winnipeg families through early childhood education.
As a working parent and a professional educator, Karolina understands the thrill and the challenge of finding excellent care for young children. At Brightling, she has built a team of professional early childhood educators who partner with parents to nurture and inspire the children in their care. Together, they work to equip Brightling children academically and emotionally for their school years.
Karolina is a creative spirit with excellent administrative skills. She is a kind leader who runs a tight ship. Her Centre’s programming incorporates new programming based on current research in child development, yet her relationship with every child is rooted in listening to them. In addition to her Bachelor of Education degree, she has completed her ECE III training with specialization in the area of infant and toddler development at Red River College. Karolina is also certified as a Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator and her passion for the Reggio Emilia approach came when she was inspired during a family trip to Italy.
When Karolina is not at Brightling, she enjoys spending family time with Cory and their two daughters… or in the peaceful outdoors with her yoga mat.
- Bright, spacious classrooms, designed for age-appropriate play and learning
- Nature-inspired outdoor play space
- Indoor gym
- Secure facility with key-card access for parents and staff
Our “special” programming
- In addition to our full slate of daily activities aimed at developing knowledge, curiosity, creativity and social skills at every age, Brightling Childcare Academy’s regular programming includes:
- Children’s yoga classes
- Pre-K Early Learning classes
- Home reading program
- “Special lunches” and healthy treats
- External guest presentations (magicians, police and firefighters, musicians, artists, science educators, health-care workers)
- Enhanced summer program with a full schedule of optional field trips, water fun days, and indoor/outdoor summertime activities
- Full-time, part-time & flexible casual childcare
- Long-term sustainable childcare
- Safe school transportation
- Innovative parent communication
- Regular and annual family events
- Brightling community social media presence coming soon
We invite you to connect with us to schedule your personal tour of our facility and to learn more about our programs.
Brightling Childcare Academy
1461 Chevrier Blvd. Winnipeg, MB, R3T 1Y7
M-F: 7:00am-5:45pm, S-S: Closed